01. Zoo Brazil ft. Roland Clark – Let There Be House (Sugarstarr Radio Edit)
02. Brock & Laute – Be Free (Sugarstarr Radio Edit)
03. Richard Grey vs The Cube Guys – Don’t You Want Me Baby (Cube Guys Remix)
04. Matt Caseli & Terry Lex – In Da House (Sugarstarr Radio Edit)
05. DFK & Toris Badic – Love Ya (Sugarstarr Radio Edit)
06. Audiowhores ft. Zeke Manyika – Time Will Tell (Belocca Dub)
07. Lissat & Voltaxx – Loverboy
08. Alex Keni & Federico Scavo – 1234
09. TJR – Ode To Oi
10. Tommy Trash – Truffle Pig
11. John Dahlbäck – Get Wild
12. T3ktone ft. HCCR – Beat Of The Drum (HCCR & Erick Morillo Mix)
13. Tujamo – There It Is
14. Icona Pop – I Love It (Style Of Eye Remix)
15. Arty & Nadia Ali - Must Be The Love (Dannic Remix)
16. Julian Jordan & Martin Garrix – BFAM
17. Ben Westbeech – Something For The Weekend (Cazzette’s Strictly Remix)
18. Syke’n'Sugarstarr ft. Jay Sebag – Like That Sound (DubVision Remix)
SYKE’N’SUGARSTARR, consisting of DJ SUGARSTARR and the producer-head-honcho SESA, who are finely balanced between cool Housemusic and absolutely rocking Peaktime-Tunes, have been working hard on their image to receive the contemporary status of being one of the worlds most in demand Producers and DJs. The result – a bunch of smashing clubhits such as “Ticket 2 Ride”, “Are You Watching Me” or “Danz”. And even more releases on labels like Ministry Of Sound, Positiva, Universal, Subliminal, Southern Fried, etc. Their recent singles “World in Your Hands’”, “I Believe”, “Like That Sound”, “So Alive” and “My Belief” have been collected several #1 positions in many international Dance-Charts and received massive support by the likes of Fedde Le Grand, Erick Morillo, Roger Sanchez, Chuckie or Tiesto.
Especially “No Satisfaction” mutated to a monster of a smashing anthem. And it’s worth to mention that Syke’n’Sugarstarr have been the first ever DJ-Artists who got the official permission from the Rolling Stones’ label to lay hands on this masterpiece of the music history. One of the biggest coups out of their studios is a stunning team-up with the legendary CeCe Rogers, to re-present “No Love Lost” all over again. This tune has become a worldwide hymn getting on heavy rotation on the radio and in the clubs. Not to forget their productions under the moniker SE:SA with the releases “Like This Like That” (Positiva Rec., UK) or “In my Life” (Big clubhit in UK & Australia). As well as productions Syke’n’Sugarstarr did for external artists.
The biggest so far: “So Many Times” (Gadjo ft. Alexandra Prince) or the Disco Boys’ “For You”, which recently reached Platin-Status and cemented the guys’ reputation as premier producers. The most appealing aspect of Syke’n'Sugarstarr is just how fresh they sound, both in their productions and the DJ’ing, which, as anyone who has seen DJ SUGARSTARR on the decks will know, is as diverse and experimental as their studio work. While SESA’s finishing off the latest productions in the studio, SUGARSTARR has been touring massively for the last ten years. He’s doing club-gigs and festivals all over the globe, and brings him from Sao Paulo to Sydney. From Bogota to Moscow. From Miami back to Europe.
The music he’s playing out can easily be described as Peaktimish-Funky-Electronic-Techhouse-With-Vocals And-Soul, focussing to rock the audience with a pumping set that ends up in a overwhelming party. And that is exactly what the world needs right now.
- ✪ Pete Tong (BBC Radio 1 / Essential Selection) # Dubspot: Interview (brandnite.org)
- ✪ Sander van Doorn – Identity Episode 155 (brandnite.org)
- ✪ THOMAS GOLD – Fanfare Radio Show #21 (brandnite.org)