Amidst all the recent chaos within our EDM community, Tommie Sunshine has been doing what he does best – keeping us focused on the roots of the scene, the music! Check out the mix below and prepare to enter a sound you are not familiar with, prepare for something “ahead of the curve” – this is House Music.
Tommie Sunshine writes…
Ask Solomun, Luciano, Maceo Plex, Tensnake and Pleasurekraft about EDM. I bet they couldn’t possibly care less. There is room for all of us and the kids who are starting into the scene now will be listening to M-nus & Dirtybird artists in a few years time. This broad stroke scene in America needs time to grow, to mature. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and let these kids do their thing. This music was always about freedom to me so I say let’s give that back to the kids and let them grow up on their own instead of telling what they should be listening to. The difference between what ticket holders are experiencing at Sonar vs. Ultra Music Festival may be a musical one but that closed eyes moment is happening just the same to all of us, everywhere, no matter the soundtrack. Remember that.
In all of the pandemonium of the last few weeks I felt it necessary to make a mix that reflects my roots in Chicago & shows all the Underground nut jobs that I do, in fact, know the difference between EDM & House Music. This is a listening mix mean to be enjoyed loud. Make no mistake that I’m going this direction with my live sets for 2013; this is just a love letter to the city that made me want to be a DJ. These artists above are some of the best ones making this Deep style & their catalogs are worth exploring. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did making it. I hope you dance as much as I did while making it. This is House Music. Enjoy.
Read more about the Great EDM Debate on MIXMAG here
- Duke Dumont – The Giver
- Debora & Hannah Holland – Fight [Citizen Remix]
- Dan Beaumont & Terry Farley – Fire
- Rudimental feat. John Newman & Alex Clare – Not Giving In [Huxley Remix]
- Jamie Jones – Road To The Studio [Fly Mix]
- Northbrook – Dance [Tommie Sunshine Dub]
- Jamie Jones – No Rush
- Lana Del Rey – Blue Jeans [Omid 16B Remix]
- Aphex Twin – Windowlicker [Tiger Stripes Remix]
- Sidney Charles – House Lesson
- Jesse Rose – Love The Feeling High feat. Ed Weathers
- Deichkind – Leider Geil [Solomun Dub]
- Deboa & Hannah Holland – Skentello [Donewrong Miami Mix]
- Ts7 – Heartlight (Polygon)
- Fake Blood – All In The Blink
- Duke Dumont – Need U (100%) feat. A*M*E & MNEK
- Chromatics – Ceremony feat. Ida No
Download the Show here
Here is everything you need to know about the roots of EDM.
About Tommie Sunshine:
Tastemaker to tastemakers and musical-icon, Tommie Sunshine is renowned for his reputation of being consistently ahead of the curve. Set apart by his iconoclastic productions, he is regarded as one the today’s most prolific remixers with almost 300 commissioned remixes to date, and his original production career spans collaborations with such artists as Arthur Baker, Felix da Housecat, Midnight Magic, Peaches, Codes, Bart B More, Shinichi Osawa, The Disco Fries, James Murphy, and many more.
Whether as a DJ, Remixer, or Artist, Tommie brings a unique enthusiasm to his craft; one that is fueled by his encyclopedic (if not obsessive) knowledge of underground and pop music spanning the last half-century.
More Info check here:
- ✪ Put an Eye on – DUBESQUE (brandnite.org)
- ✪ Brandnite Tv Episode With Ce Ce Rogers (brandnite.org)
- ✪ Pioneer DJ in Interview with ZEDD incl. Clarity Music Video (brandnite.org)
- ✪ Do The Hip! Radioshow #197 mixed & hosted by SUGARSTARR (Syke’n'Sugarstarr) (brandnite.org)